This blog is about our family’s one year world adventure. It’s about our successes and failures as we go through experiences together. We have six members of our family including: Mark (Father), Ruth (Mother), Luke (21), Jacob (19), Naomi (17), and Hannah (13). We are planning on traveling for one year to various countries around the world.
What we’ve done so far:
- Drove the USS Zehnderprise (our motorhome) up into the Yukon and Alaska. Toured around to various towns and cities with the intent of sightseeing. We were unable to do any hiking in the Tombstones due to the weather.
- Drove the USS Zehnderprise down the BC coast, down the Oregon coast, all the way into San Diego, California.
- Flew from San Diego to La Paz, Bolivia and spent 1 month volunteering for an organization called Up Close Bolivia.
- Spent another month in Bolivia celebrating Christmas with Grandma Mayvis and going on trips to see the many different landscapes Bolivia had to offer.
- Volunteered for 2 weeks at an animal refuge near Coroico called La Sanda Verde.
- Flew to Miami for a week before we flew off to South Africa!
- Spent 3 weeks in Cape Town spending time with friends.
- Drove the beautiful Garden Route along the south coast of South Africa for 2 weeks.
- Stayed at a private game reserve for 2 weeks.
- Took off to South East Asia to spend a few weeks concentrated on work.
- Jake and Luke are striking out on their own towards Singapore with plans to continue to Thailand and Cambodia.
- The rest of us will volunteer on an organic farm for a few weeks before we resume our travels.
We will not always have internet connection, so our post schedule will be kind of sporadic, though it may get more consistent in the future. If you have any feed back or would like to hear more about anything, please leave a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Enjoy!