This morning there was both good news and bad news. First the good news; we are going on a sailing trip! Dad presented Bill with our case, and after he finished, Bill agreed to give us an amazing deal! I think it’s going to be an experience that will set the bar high for the rest of the trip. Hopefully the weather will be nice. Now the bad news. Once we made that decision, the next step was to book our 2 ferries from Haida Gwaii to Port Hardy. When we called BC ferries, they told us that the earliest we could get the Zehnderprise back to Prince Rupert would be September 20th. We had planned on leaving Vancouver near the end of September, so this is a pretty big set back. After some discussion, we revised our trip plan a bit. After the sailing trip we will split into two groups: the boys and the girls. From there, the schedule is as follows:
- September 10-12: Hang out on Haida Gwaii
- September 13: Take the Suzuki on the ferry to Prince Rupert and spend 3 days there
- September 16: Take the ferry down the inside passage to Port Hardy and spend 5-6 days on the Vancouver Island
- September 21-22: Meet up with the Boys in Langley
- September 10-19: hang out on Haida Gwaii
- September 20: Take Zehnderprise on ferry to Prince Rupert and spend 1-2 days on the 16 hr drive down to Langley
- September 21-22: Meet up with the Girls in Langley
We had been considering spending a week or so on Vancouver Island, but we decided to maintain our flexibility and not book anything until we knew when we were going to leave. Unfortunately, it has cost Dad, Jake, and me the opportunity of visiting the island this time.
We spent the rest of the day moving campsites from our campsite near Queen Charlotte City to an RV park in Masset. It has been 4 days since we had any services, or showers for that matter.